Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today's Beauty Tip



Today’s post is about Beauty.

It’s no secret that our outward beauty is a reflection of our inner beauty. So I can’t help but question… What does that imply?

Thinking about this topic, being the born again Christian that I am, I can’t help but think about Proverbs 31 that’s speaks of A Virtuous Woman. A woman who’s far more precious than jewels, that does good to her husband, has her house in order, is aware of the needs of her husband and children, gives to the poor, works with her hands, dresses in fine linens, her children call her blessed and her husband praises her. After reading this the first thing that comes to my mind is “WOW”, who is she? And how does she do all of this...?

But staying on the subject and reflecting on that passage I can’t help but picture a beautiful woman with and even more beautiful heart that pleases God. My thoughts as I read “dresses in fine linens” are about a woman who, in spite of of all her chores and responsibilities, she finds the time to take care of her appearance and at the same time doesn’t let her world revolve around anything else but God. And by doing so, everything else about her just becomes beautiful. That shakes me to the very core and inspires me to look after my heart so that it may please God and the rest will follow.

I leave you a cherished poem … and hope you enjoy it.


BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER 



By Maya Angelou 



'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ 

that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living;' 

I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.' 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. 

I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. 

I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. 

I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect, 

my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it. 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain... 

I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. 



When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than you; 

I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment