Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today's Beauty Tip

Dress your self in Modesty


I know this sounds very controversial when I’m blogging about designer apparel, shoes and accessories. But in all honesty, even if we have the economic means to but them, we can still be modest about the way we use them. It is not a sin to buy something you can afford and you feel pretty wearing, but it’s a sin when we flaunt it or even covet excessively what we can’t afford.

After reading 1Timothy Chapter 2, verse 9 “women should adorn themselves in  respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control…” we can all see that these 3 ingredients are necessary while dressing ourselves in Christ. I must confess I have struggles in these areas and I wonder:

Do I dress respectably?

Do I have a modest demeanor?

Do I practice self-control when I’m shopping or do I indulge in vanity?

The way we dress and carry ourselves will always reflect what is in our hearts. I pray that the Lord helps us reflect godly hearts instead of vain ones. That even if we dress in “fine linens”, we walk with modest steps.

My Prayer: Lord all mighty, thank you for confronting me and pulling me back to the cross with your word. Forgive me if I have dressed un-respectably, immodestly and have carried my self with no restraint. Teach me, each day, how to glorify you with every action I make. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment